More often than not, the signs of home foundation damage are quite evident and visible. You may see cracks on the floor and walls, and besides that, there can be changes in the slant of the structure. In such cases, you should contact one of the foundation repair services at the earliest. In this post, we have listed down the things that matter in comparing the best options.
- Check if the company is a known one. When it comes to foundation repair, you need a company that’s reputed, established and doesn’t mind sharing client references. Foundation companies that have been around for more than a decade should have enough customers and projects to talk about.
- Check the response time. When you call a company for inspecting the foundation of your home, they should respond immediately. In some cases, you may have to wait for 24 hours or so, but after that, don’t listen to their excuses. A company that charges thousands of dollars for most jobs should be responsive and accessible.
- Estimates should be free. Usually, the foundation repair contractor will send their team to check the work and damages, and only when they have done the required assessment, they will offer an estimate. The estimate should be offered free of cost at all times.
- Ask for estimate details. What’s included in the price is also important. In many cases, structural elements of the foundation must be replaced, and for that, additional costs may be added later. When you compare foundation repair services, do check what they are including in the estimate.
- Check for warranty. Unless the structure of your house or the soil underneath is really unstable, you won’t have to spend on your foundation regularly. As such, the repair services should come with a warranty. This may differ on certain factors, but is an aspect worth considering.
- Find more. Is the company licensed? Do they have an in-house team of experts or do they hire workers as and when contracts come? What’s the history of the service and how long they have been in business? Do they deal in commercial foundation repairs, as well?
- Finally, do check if the company is insured. Apart from general liability insurance, which may protect you against damages caused to your home during the repairs, the company must also have worker’s compensation insurance.
Find your options now, and ask the relevant questions.